I was having a bit of fun with scrolls and flourishes.
This past weekend, we happened across a tent sale at a furniture store. We found a cute loveseat, but the color...well, let's just say we bought it because the size and shape was perfect, but the dark rusty pink kinda color wasn't going to work. I quickly ran out and bought a sure fit slipcover.
It came with 2 pillows that were just as hideous as the color of the loveseat so I decided to do a project.
I went for my weekly Goodwill visit and found 4 textured decorative dinner napkins. They were thick and sturdy enough to use as pillow covers so I snapped them right up and brought them home.
In my stash, I had some remnant black fabric and some heat n bond.
That's all this girl needed.
I am loving the silhouette lettering and numbers on pillows I'm seeing in catalogs right now and also I love a nice scroll and a flourish so I decided to combine all these things into my pillow project.
I adhered the heat n bond to the black fabric and began to draw my scrollys onto it and cut them out.
This was really fun and it became even more fun as I arranged and ironed them onto the napkin/pillow cover.
This is what I ended up with.
I sewed the cover by using another napkin (.50 a piece...YES!) for the pillow back.
I really like how it turned out.
In fact, I liked it so much, I did the other one with mine and my hubby's first initials on it.
To top it all off, I have been watching this frame at Pier One for a couple of months and I stopped in and don't ya know it, it was in the clearance section!
Home it came and now is home to one of my favorite snapshots of my grandgirl. (who, by the way, lost her first tooth yesterday)
This was such a quick and easy project, inspired by a design, 4 napkins just the right size, a little black fabric, some heat n bond, and you've got some instant personalized style.