My Online Shoppe coming very soon!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blessed and Busy

Hey There!  Well, it has been a great few weeks here at our little nest.
 
We took a birthday bash trip to Asheville, NC...toured Biltmore Estate...wow, was that awesome!
and took the full foodie, art, and micro brew trip through this unique town. 
Hubby's 50th was well worth the delayed and cancelled flights to get there and to get home.
Well worth it!
 
We got back on Monday and hit the ground running.
Hubby, back at work and I got started on the projects on the schedule, a design meeting for an awesome project in the hall of our children's area at church, I had to prep for the class I get to instruct on visual arts at the NEO Academy, and I got to work on this crazy project for this week's series called "Going Tribal" at church.
 
Our pastor asked for big tribal masks so I got to work on them right away.
Lowes, foam insulation works great, it's easy to carve and paint.


As soon as the nose was put in it's place, I began giggling and didn't stop through the whole thing.

It got finished complete with crossed spears, burlap head dress, and tribal paint....my version anyway.

I get to do the coolest things!  haha!
 
Well, the fun continues...as this coming Tuesday, I have the privilege of doing a fun night of painting fun at Shy Cellars and hanging with my friend Chef Sherry Schie....Oh, and about 30 fun people who are ready to have a good time creating a canvas, having some yummies, a glass of wine or 2, and enjoying the great surroundings at this beautiful restaurant.

I'll be posting some pics of the festivities next week.
 
Hang in there, Spring will be here before you know it!
Blessings to you,
T

1 comment:

  1. Glad ya'll had so much fun in Asheville! And Wow that mask it AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I'm so excited to read it. I love that you've taken the time to visit me here at TheArtfulLife!
Blessings to you and have an Artful day!
T